Monday, February 18, 2008

I come up with the worst titles

When Alvious needs a place to vent frustrations into words, where does he turn too? his blog, this one he is lucky to update once every two weeks.
I wonder if I really have what it takes to be an accomplished writer, much less one that can make it in the competitive world of writing and publishing. Writing is a skill and craft that requires much patience, and I've never been one of much patience.
I will not comment on the quality of writer I am, as that's subjective. If those who read my poetry, short fiction, journalism etc. do not think I am good, then truthfully I do not think so either. In a rush to declare something "finished" the bad writer overlooks their flaws without remorse.
I sent off article 4 of the semester to a publication I write for, if you know me, then you know who I write for. I like writing for them, though I know I can do better, I.E have things done ahead of time for a change, and complete. After all, last semester I somewhat managed that, so why is this semester more difficult? my assignments are not any harder I think, maybe in efforts to streamline my approach I compromised my ability to collect the essential data needed for a story to be complete. I don't know, but now, more then ever, is the time to nip that flaw in the butt and improve forthwith.

I've been playing the vocabulary challenges on freerice.com much and as of this writing I've donated over 16,000 grains of rice. I'd like to think that'd be enough to feed a few people well, hopefully. However, I intend to play a long time, donating far more then just 16,000 rice grains.

No comments: