What a glorious city-style night. A play and dinner at a fine restaurant! The restaurant the Penn Grill at the convention center and the play, the focus of this blog, Noises Off.
Only knowing the 1992 movie Noises Off, which I loved, despite critical reception, thanks to a dynamite cast, incl: Christopher Reeve and John Ritter R.I.P., and, I thought, hilarious original material to work from.
Noises Off is described in detail all over the internet, so check it out, Wikipedia's page doesn't suck, if you want to know about it.
What'd I like? Again, only having seen the movie, I thought the sets and performances evoked near perfectly the originals in appearance, energy, enthusiasm and the ability of the actors to transition from their stage rolls to rolls within rolls without any blurring, or awkward transitions. Yay to the cast!
Not a lot to say, but I am not a real theater critic, and unable, or uncaring enough, to comment on the intellectual depth and texture. Is that necessary? Noes! It's just a great play, intelligently written, performed and produced.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment