Sunday, April 20, 2008

Great Show

Lancaster's own 21 Century Dreamtime Lions open up for Asheville's Telepath at the Chameleon Club.

Combining reggae, downbeat, dub, afro-beat, hip-hop and more, Telepath and Dreamtime Lions complemented each other well on stage.

It dawned on me, I still don't love live music, even when the bands complement each other like the above.
I've loved Telepath ever since I saw them play the first time, their music style and sound is very much original, (at least to this musical neophyte) hearing them live the first time, perfect atmosphere, the depth of the sound, beautiful, rich. The second time in a larger space with much stronger equipment, it was almost to loud for comfort. That was not the case with 21 Century Dreamtime Lions, their sound was rich and clear throughout the night.

A really positive vibe went throughout the main stage area that night, many people kicked off their shoes and jackets to dance in front of the stage.

Writing about Battle of The Bands last week, could music journalism be in my future?
I could take a handful of music appreciation classes at Millersville, as well as expose myself to a lot more music than usual, especially the tremendous myriad of sounds unheard by my ears.

No comments: