2009 had been my year of change, in that I didn't just try doing a handful of things I had done before, but I lived a new life that gave me direction.
Moving out from home for six-months April to November 2009 to take a job on an organic farm.
Thinking back, I like aspects of the country life. But enjoy it much more so when an exciting city is close by.
In Virginia, the closest small town required a car to get too, 6-miles one way on a very hilly road. In PA, the small town, which had all the necessities we needed, a mile away, accessible by bike, but like W-Town VA, a hilly ride on not so bike-friendly roads either. The exciting city, el capital de estados unidos, 50+ miles away. Compared to el ciudad de bromance, a short, easy train or trolley ride courtesy of SEPTA. All in all though, I'd never want to live for to long a time outside the city, in the country, as well, I get kind of bored, and need to find things to do, restless? maybe, but it's who I am.
Though I started and ended the year with the same change in status: single. But more importantly, I gained something from beginning to end I always needed, and built up what I already have. More confidence, direction, clarity, happiness with oneself.
Losing more weight, starting the year at 185, and ending at 168-172 makes me happy.
I blogged very little, mostly on bike-related stuff, little on much else.
I'm not that much of a blogger I guess, I like writing blogs, though the quirky aspects make them feel odd to write at times, but whatever I still will.
Speaking of writing, I'd like to engage in that more productively. Even learn how to teach it someday, but always make time to just write, write non-fiction, fiction, occasional poetry, whatever, just write! Keep writing! as the Empress with three Fs in her name once said.
Enough for now...
I'm going to do all I can to embrace and enjoy this new year for what it will be. A New Year!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment