Monday, December 21, 2009

day of retreat

Herrbrook farm, cottage to rent for the day. A few miles outside of town away from city, the noise and the energy.

Personal goal: figure out someway to spend at least a day, if not longer, outside my fair city of Lancaster, even if in the county, but just outside the city at least. Once a week is my ultimate goal, but even a couple times a month is pretty sweet too. So far, not one day this year, but I know that will change.

Ah yes, the retreat. Going with the intention of having just a day of relaxation and self-discovery. Seriously, just being somewhere away from it all for a day, or half a day, with the phone turned off is just wonderful.
Thinking of those I should keep close, and lately those I should create distance from, the relaxing environment to just be by myself and alone opens the senses, and allows the thought process so much freedom from distractions.

I'm going back, maybe in a month or so, preferably when the weather is warm enough to bike there, and I would have if not for the frigid temperatures.

No comments: