Sunday, February 28, 2010

In the cycling clothes again,

How to begin a blog on a subject written about much before? So dull to just write I did this and I did that as writers are tired to know. If you cannot get excited about what you're writing about, you're not going to be much of a writer when you write with the apathetic pen, or keystrokes, and not the so excited to burst with enthusiasm by spraying bits of connected language onto paper or computer screens all in the effort to tell a story. With any luck, you can tell an interesting one, and with even more elusive luck someone will read it, and by an act of divine intervention, they may even like it too.

Finally, the time came, awaiting this moment for far to long. Good enough weather to wear summery bike clothes, mostly wool and polyester. Hearing pluses and minuses to both materials as to what to make out of each. Shorts made from synthetics are considered better, least in my research the consensus is that way. Wool jerseys are classics for cyclists. Heavier then synthetics, but oh so much classier! Simple colors, and the long sleeve varieties make wonderful turtlenecks!

So attired in wonderful clothing for cycling, I prepare to ride.
Ah the beloved racing bike! Made of steel, made in Japan, designed to function as more than just a racer, but a durable bike that could be a real friend on two wheels. Giving her so much time and effort during my time outside Dutch county PA.
My excitement! finally! time and place to ride in my cycling clothes for a change.

To conclude, as I've written before, I love bike riding no matter what I am wearing, but in the proper attire it just to me has this much better feel of being so much more of say one with the bike, rather than just riding a bike.

No comments: