It's just a nasty part of life, wherever you go, there are rotten people all over and all they care about is a fast buck, pound, Euro or ruble, no matter how slimy the methods. These scammers and spammers have bilked good but naive people out of a ton of money, the exact figures are not available.
Young, 17, but not so dumb, opening up my email as usual the beginning of the day. An email from some guy who claimed to be the auditor general of S. Africa and in exchange for simple favors I'd get a lot of money!
Right... not as skeptical as I should have been, I at least looked up who said Auditor General of S. Africa is, and it's not the guy that sent me that email. So I deleted it immediately.
This happened in 2000, and yet we still hear of these scammers! And it's all through email! People really think a real inheritance will come from an email? Not a law office getting in touch through certified mail? These scams will not affect as many if everyone just had more sense for f-sake! I don't like scammers. Period. Yet, you'd think with all the news reports, investigations and oh the fact that you of all random, forgettable people gets an email from someone saying you have millions, they just need you to send lots of money first, and you fall for it? Hmm... remember thine Barnum, there's a sucker born every minute, though in today's society, that number has grown to multiple suckers per second.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment