My love of gaming seems to have returned. Lately I've been into the following games.
Tetris: My love :) A product of Soviet Russia from the mid-80s, the game's changed very little since then, only with some graphic refreshments to look prettier, but it's always challenging and entertaining.
Alien Vs. Predator: No, not the new version, though as soon as I have access to it, I'd like to check it out as I love the look, not to mention the franchises Aliens and Predator. I haven't seen the two AVP movies, and from what I've heard, best not too, though they have their legions of fans.
I'm playing demos of the 1999 version as my old-ass computer can actually handle that. I enjoy playing as the marine immensely watching the splattering of the aliens as the acid flies when you shoot at them. It took me several hours of gaming as it is thankfully pretty challenging, not easy. When the right computer comes along, if ever, I'm buying the updated version that promises to work with contemporary systems.
Robot Unicorn Attack: a free game through Adult Swim's website where quite simply, you're a robot unicorn that can blast through stars and fly through the air, a rainbow stream coming out of your ass. Soft lovey music plays in the background. Quite an anti-thesis of AvP but surprisingly addicting and entertaining.
Mahjong: the classic Chinese matching game. I downloaded a free version for my computer sometime ago, and like that there is more to it then matching tiles, you have to strategically match tiles so that you do not run out of matches later in the game.
Ecco: A favorite from the Sega Genesis of mine many years back. I got it brand new as a 10th birthday gift, oh wow almost 17-years ago, and go back to it every few years to see how well I can do. As a kid I only beat a few levels and even then, that had been a bitch, but the game itself has an interesting storyline, and dark undertones not so apparent until you really get into it. And because I had been then, and I am still, a huge Dolphins (not Miami) fan I'm still drawn to the game. Some music from the games is excellent and I'd highly recommend seeking it out.
That's all the games I've been rocking lately. If I find any others worth mentioning I'll post comments on them.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment