So Alvie's life as it has stood in the last few months of no blogging? A lived life! A fine life! and one where I feel that though my slow-pace of life is still being lived, I am at least trying things here and there. Recently, I finally made the time to do something I'd wanted to do for 10-years but never made happen, a trek out west. Case in point San Francisco last Halloween. Ever day there I smiled, even while feeling like I'm going up hill both ways (seriously, it's that hilly in some places). The prices were high as had been the satisfaction of being somewhere really different, somewhere fun and a trip out of town for the week. What I needed and what I made happen. Andrea had been a wonderful, beautiful host the whole time and seeing her joyous over my presence really made my time there all the better.
I finished my three online classes with a 3.0, or 3-Bs, fine grades. Bs, and BS, get degrees yo, and these had not been easy, breezy classes. Though my casual, dare I say cavalier approach to online courses did not help at all, I did get through them.
The literature classes I found underwhelming, leaving me with less interest in the subject matter compared to when I started, though I'm definitely keeping the books. The sociology class I liked a lot more, as it showed me a different way of studying religion and faith from a more objective perspective that I came to really appreciate, having had one class studying religion a lot less satisfying, a Comparative Religion course, HACC Fall 2006. Yes, that's correct, for me an internet course felt more satisfying then a real life one.
I have a toddler buddy! Young Soul-Louise who I baby-sit about 2x a week (on average). Honestly, though my friends have been saying for years I am great with kids, I'm now actually baby-sitting, and baby-sitting well. Made me think, would I consider working with children as a career? Absolutely!
I did more farm work this year, and realize no matter my love-hate relationship with that, it's a part of me, no matter what. Planting, harvesting, and yes even F-in weeding are a part of me, a deep part and even if I farm little, it still needs to happen. The physical and mental benefits of occasional farming far outweigh potential annoyances, such as monotony, pests, and other challenges sure to be thrown your way.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment