I wrote this for another site I'm on after giving up on the goal of eschewing TV. I have however made much progress in simply watching much less.
Complete abstinence can easily turn a vice into a forbidden fruit. As long as a TV is in the house, I’ll turn it on occasionally, usually for sitcoms, cartoons, TV-dramas, movie reruns, and even documentaries (though they’re more compelling for me then much else) I barely play video games either, though I like them much.
My family loves TV, which is fine I do not begrudge them that. I merely do not share such love, but the draw is still there, even if diminished greatly.
Some quotes on television to share.
http://www.quotegarden.com/television.html
A favorite, not because of who said it, but because of what is said,
“We cannot blame the schools alone for the dismal decline in SAT verbal scores. When our kids come home from school do they pick up a book or do they sit glued to the tube, watching music videos? Parents, don’t make the mistake of thinking your kid only learns between 9:00 a.m. and 3:00 p.m.” ~George Bush
No comments:
Post a Comment