Thursday, January 31, 2008

goals

I wrote this for my theater 217 class, just a few things I hope the class will help me achieve (I think it's starting too)

My Goals for Theater Appreciation 217

A small preview of me, I love all aspects of theater having had some brushes with acting (Acting 101) and some technical work. I like writing about aspects of the theater, having written a handful of play reviews and one preview I noticed I would actually like to start a career inspired by my love of theater and use any new found skills towards other passions of mine. I hope theater appreciation can enable me to take a subject I am enthusiastic about and enable me to really see what it is that makes for good theater. I am not aspiring to be a world renowned and respected expert on theater, just someone who seems to know what he’s talking about when writing about the subject

I want to go beyond being more knowledgeable on all aspects of theatre; I’d like to apply such skills essential to theater enthusiasts to my other passions, like photography and creative writing. I even hope to do a play of my own one day, and I’d like to think everything I learn about theater now will help me accomplish those goals.

No comments: