Friday, January 18, 2008

PA to overturn labelling law

http://www.nytimes.com/2008/01/18/business/18milk.html?

Thanks to many individuals across the state of PA, the ridiculous law stating PA dairy companies cannot label their products to be free of a certain, controversial added hormone, one I shall not state here, will not go into effect. All I can say is yay! as a consumer of dairy products, I was offended and outraged when I heard of the law against labeling dairy to be free of a certain added hormone. I shan't name the synthetic hormone, or the company that produces it. However that is easy enough to find.
True, today's dairy industry has problems beyond the use of synthetic hormones, but at least people are starting to say that the less chemicals in our food supply, the better, and that is something I can whole-heartedly agree upon.

Btw, this hormone has been mentioned in the film The Corporation as being banned in the EU and Canada. Now I'd like to think America should have just as stringent standards as our neighbor to the north and our friends in Europe, however in this case, we do not.

No comments: